- The NJTESOL/NJBE Hotlist, firstname.lastname@example.org, is an e-mail discussion list through which subscribers can
read about employment opportunities, workshop and conference announcements,
questions about state laws and standards, advice, best practices, material
searches, testing questions, and advocacy.
- Joining: You must be a member of NJTESOL/NJBE to participate.
Members can e-mail
be signed on. Be sure to mention if you are a member of NJTESOL/NJBE. If you
are not a member, please use the online form and payment method or download an application and send it in before asking to be put on the list.
- If you are a prospective employer, you can post a job announcement by
sending an e-mail to:
- If you are a Subscriber, you can send messages directly to the list.
- Address your e-mail to:email@example.com.
- Please include the subject of your message in the subject line. The subject should match the content of the message.
- Try to avoid sending E-mail attachments.
It is better to copy the
contents of the attachment into the body of the e-mail or to include a link to
any website to which you refer.
- Try to avoid images in your messages. .Messages that are too big will be automatically rejected.
- If you want people to reply directly to you, please include your e-mail in the body of the message.
- This is a moderated e-list, so messages will be sent to the list manager for
approval prior to distribution. This may result in a delay of one day between
the time you send your message and its posting to the list.
- Replying to Messages on the List:
By default, by clicking "REPLY" to a message, your reply will
go to the entire list. If you wish to reply only to the sender, be sure to CHANGE the
"TO" address in your e-mail program to the sender's address.
- Web Interface:
From this site you can read messages, change your settings, or search archives
online for all lists to which you are subscribed.
Go to:http://lyris.dundee.net/read/?forum=njtesolbe-hot If
you have a problem with this, contact the
- Updating Your E-Mail Address(es) or Settings:
You can change your subscription e-mail address or change your settings online
at any time. See WEB INTERFACE above for more information.
- Digest, Mail, Index, and No Mail Modes:
You are welcome to change your e-list subscription settings online at any time.
See WEB INTERFACE above for more information on how to make these
changes. An explanation of the different kinds of list subscriptions follows
- MAIL: standard/default. You will receive each message as it is sent to
- DIGEST: You will receive one message per day containing all of the day's
- INDEX: You will receive one message per day containing ONLY the subject
lines of messages.
- NOMAIL: You will receive no mail from this list (useful if you are going on
- Messages posted to this list should fall within the parameters of the
goals of NJTESOL/NJBE as stated above. Messages outside of these parameters will
- If we receive several posts with similar messages, we will only send the one that is received first.
- If there is a lot of confusing or incorrect information being posted, the moderators will end the discussion and ask a Board member or NJDOE to reply.
- To be fair, we do not encourage members to promote their own products. However, other members can suggest or recommend a product or service.
- E-list Etiquette:
Please be considerate of the readers, and keep in mind that your messages go to
over a thousand recipients.
- Please do not include sensitive information such as use student names or details that make them identifiable.
- Questions: If you have any questions, or if you would like us to
change your settings for you, you can send an e-mail to:
COPYRIGHT, DISCLAIMER, AND LEGAL NOTICE
The information posted on e-mail discussion lists, unless otherwise noted, does
not necessarily represent the views of the NJTESOL/NJBE or the hosting
organization, TESOL, nor does either organization make any claim to the
copyright of information transmitted on e-mail discussion lists unless