Please join us for our
2013 SPRING CONFERENCE
Language, Heritage, and Culture -
The Magic in English Language Learning
May 29 (Wednesday) & 30 (Thursday)
Hyatt Regency Hotel, New Brunswick
Nonie Lesaux, a
professor of education at the Harvard Graduate School of Education, is a developmental psychologist focused on cognitive and linguistic factors in children’s and adolescents’ reading.
She has recently presented a study on Linguistic Differences and Learning
Mary Ellen Vogt
MaryEllen Vogt, Ed.D. is Distinguished Professor Emerita of Education at California State University, Long Beach. Dr. Vogt has been a classroom teacher, reading and special education specialist, district reading resource teacher, and university teacher educator. A co-author of fifteen books, including the SIOP Series and Reading Specialists and Literacy Coaches in the Real World (2007), Dr. Vogt has provided professional development in
the United States, and nine other countries. |
Conference check-in begins at 7:30 AM and ends at 10:00 AM
Please note: Once you are registered for the conference,
you do not pre-register for the individual workshops
For questions concerning your membership status or conference registration,
please contact Gwen Franks at email@example.com
For other conference questions email Sandee McHugh-McBride at
As a conference participant, you will be able
- See relevant and exciting keynote speakers
- Select from one hundred workshops and presentations approved for the continuing education requirement
- Investigate a variety of topics covering theory and application for bilingual/ESL classrooms
- Obtain the latest information on state and national initiatives
- Review varied resource and teaching materials exhibited by sixty publishers with the option of earning one hour of professional development
- Participate in professional meetings and network with colleagues
- Open from 7:30 AM to approximately 5:00 PM on Wednesday and until 3:30 PM on
Thursday. Earn 1 hour of professional development when visiting the Exhibitors.
- Raffles will be held at various times throughout each day in the Exhibit Area. (You will not have to be present to win, but you must return prior to closing to collect your prize.)
Professional Development Hours
NJTESOL/NJBE is a New Jersey registered provider.
Participants will be able to earn professional development hours each day, depending upon their attendance at the seminars and
workshops offered at the conference.